Monday, April 8, 2013

13 weeks, and going strong!

I just entered my 13th week dye-free! What an adventure it's been so far :)

For the most part, I feel very happy about it. I won't lie though, there have been a few emotional waves having a lot to do with accepting my overall more mature appearance.

Not that my skin has aged dramatically since January, but there's no mistake anymore that I am indeed in my thirties. It's such a strange feeling... My face definitely looks youthful; I take good care of it, maintain a fairly rigorous skin care routine, but every now and then I'll catch my reflection in a mirror, or a bus window, and I look... grown up. I think it has quite a strong effect on my morale, because of my lifestyle. Right now, I work in academia. Which basically means that I've been in school all my life. Now, I'm not a student anymore (thank goodness!), but I have virtually no pressure to dress any other way than extremely casual. Denims and sneakers are my bread and butter. I am surrounded by students all the time, and even though I know I am an adult, I still do not see myself as a grown up. Does that make any sense? Anyway, acceptance is key. I'll work on it...

On a more positive note: I LOVE my hair!

The silver strands are revealing themselves more and more steadily. The stripe is growing, thankfully in a very manageable fashion. I find that I am not nearly as gray as I thought when I was still dying. Of course, at that time, I could only see the white regrowth and honestly thought I was over 70% gray. Now that I actually stopped dying, I can see that most of my hair is still pigmented, except for a few patches that are slowly evolving into silver stripes, that frame my face very naturally. From afar, my grays really only look like natural highlights. Which I guess they are, when you think about it.

Overall, I'm happy about the whole thing.

I leave you with some pics from weeks 11-13.

Week 11


Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention: my lashes are also fading... Has anyone got the same problem? I noticed that they are shrinking a bit, losing their curl and the tips appear completely white. Strange... 

Week 12

Week 13

No comments:

Post a Comment