Monday, March 25, 2013

11 weeks since my last coloring: a photo-update

It's now been 11 weeks since my last coloring (which I guesstimated to be around January 15th of 2013), and pretty much everybody in my entourage now knows I'm going gray.

The positive response I'm getting from everyone is absolutely mind-blowing and even a little overwhelming. But in a good way! 

Now, every single time I meet people, they do look at the top of my head still; not in this awkward embarrassed-for-me kinda way, but in a truly eager way to see progress and how my voyage into grayhairdom is evolving.

Some would say that I have now achieved a somewhat inelegant skunk-stripy state, but I beg to differ. Yes, I have about an inch and a half of gray roots, showing through a fairly contrasted warm dark chestnut canopy, but I have decided that it is not a problem at all. I embrace it! I even showcase it by purposefully parting my hair straight through the now completely white patch on the left side of my forehead. Might as well! I think it's best to take this in-your-face approach so that people don't imagine for one second I don't realize what's going on on top of my own head. This way, they know and don't have to wonder if I forgot to go to the hair dresser :)

I'm also starting to play with different hair styles that emphasize the color contrasts I have going on. To tell you the truth, I cannot wait for my white stripes to grow to full length!

This journey is turning into a lot of fun, which is something that even a couple of weeks ago I would not have thought possible :) I'm beginning to realize that even though my hair is graying, it is emphasizing the youthfulness of my face! Go figure...

Anyway, enough rambling! I leave you with a few pictures from the past two weeks :)
----------
10 weeks since last coloring (jan 15th 2013)



11 Weeks since my last coloring (Jan 15th 2013)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Poupette! Your grays are gorgeous! I love how you are embracing your "stripe", that's really inspiring. Your grays are beautiful and bright in contrast to your darker hair. Wonderful update. Keep being you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren!
    Thanks SO much for your comment :) It means a lot, especially coming from you! You really helped overcome a dangerous almost-relapse last week...
    Hope all is going great for you!
    Best,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Poupette! I just found your blog. You mustn't give up! I'm 9 weeks behind you. And looking to you for inspiration and to lead the way. Like you, I don't want to cut my hair short so the journey will be more intricate, but fun! Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sixty+! Thank you so much for your comment :)
    Going gray is turning out to be a lot of fun actually! Weeks 12-13 update coming up very soon!

    ReplyDelete